TIA Service and Maintenance Level 1
The Totally Integrated Automation Portal (TIA Portal) forms the work environment for integrated engineering with SIMATIC STEP 7 and SIMATIC WinCC. In this first part of the SIMATIC TIA Portal service training, we teach you the handling of the TIA Portal, basic knowledge about the structure of the SIMATIC S7 automation system, configuration and parameterization of hardware, and the basics of programming. You also receive an overview of HMI, PROFINET IO / PROFIBUS, and connecting drives. You will learn to diagnose and clear simple hardware faults and software errors. You will thus be capable of reducing downtimes in your plant. You can deepen your theoretical knowledge with numerous practical exercises on a TIA system model. This consists of a SIMATIC S7 automation system, ET200SP distributed I/O, Touchpanel, drive, and a belt driven model conveyor.
What Will I Learn?
- On completion of this course the participant will be able to do the following:
- Understand the fundamentals of interaction of the TIA components
- Reliably operate the "TIA Portal" engineering platform
- Understand, change, and expand small STEP 7 programs
- Configure, parameterize, and exchange SIMATIC S7 modules
- Diagnose and fix simple hardware faults using the wiring test
- Diagnose and fix simple program errors using the status block
- Perform simple commissioning of TIA components